PrivacyPillar is a highly secure and seamless application to collect and manage your website visitors’ consent and preferences.
To build and configure a customizable cookie banner with the branding guidelines with the uses of this plugin, the website publisher can easily implement PrivacyPillar’s Cookie Banner and pave the network path to get cookie consent from your website users.
Getting Started with PrivacyPillar
To configure the cookie banner and get the JS code, an PrivacyPillar account is required.
- To sign up with PrivacyPillar, visit www.privacypillar.com.
- Choose a plan that opts to your requirements and subscribe or try the free trial out.
See Getting Started guide.
How to Implement Cookie Consent Banner
- Once you set up your account, go to our cookie consent solutions and scan your website.
- Configure the cookie banner for your website.
- Get the JS code to implement the cookie banner.
See Cookie Consent Documentation for more details.
Features and Benefitsz
• A perfect solution for agencies that want to manage the verbiage, styling, colors, and placement of a cookie consent banner for multiple brands.
• Customize cookie consent banners according to GDPR, CCPA, and/ or globally.
• Customize the cookie banners based on the user’s geo-location.
• A well-designed dashboard that helps to turn existing consumer data into actionable insights.
• The dashboard visualizes consumer consent across analytics from multiple channels and maintains an audit-proof archive of all consent activity.
• It enables searching, filtering, and tracking of the most important consumer consent metrics all in one place.
• Identify which cookies are active for each domain, which domains have cookie consent, and which domains are using first-party or third-party cookies.
• Stay up to update with compliance regulations globally.
• Schedule regular cookie scans to get detailed reporting on website compliance status.
• A built-in central repository of consent records helps agencies to build and demonstrate compliance with regulators and auditors.
• A quick and easy solution to an omnichannel approach of cookie settings.
• Store records of modifications to cookie banner settings or preferences in a detailed, historical audit log.
• PrivacyPillar’s Cookie Scanner application automates the tedious process of identifying, adding, and categorizing all the cookies on your website and allows you to manage cookie consent for every user in one place.
• Uncover hidden cookies on your websites. Automatically detect all cookies on your website and gives you an effortless way of view in a simple dashboard.
• Advanced scanning functionality to scan behind logins, simulate user journeys, and trigger hidden pages. These features help you collect data that can impact your business in real-time.
To learn more about how PrivacyPillar CMP works, visit our PrivacyPillar Help Center. Also, see the FAQ at the bottom for more information.
This plugin helps you to insert the cookie consent banner script directly to your website. The use of this plugin by itself doesn’t guarantee compliance with legal necessities associated with cookies.
Q: What companies must comply with GDPR?
A: GDPR affects all companies based in the EU and companies anywhere in the world that retain EU residents’ data.
So, if you’re in the EU you need to have a CMP today, and if you’re outside the EU but get any site traffic from the EU that you retain you also need a CMP today.
Q: Who does CCPA affect?
A: Businesses that buy, receive or sell the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers, households, or devices. Businesses that derive 50 percent or more of their annual revenue from selling consumers’ personal information; or those that have gross annual revenues greater than $25 million.
If you are a for-profit company, you do not have to be based in CA – it is applied to the data of CA residents – the fifth-largest economy.
Regardless of how many states produce their own versions, it is far easier for companies to comply with the toughest versions knowing everyone else will fall within those most of the time.
Q: What happens if I don’t use a CMP?
A: If you retain cookie data without consent. Especially if there is a data leak, you may be fined up to 4% of your revenue. Businesses that fail to comply with these requirements could face litigation, as well as other regulatory enforcement actions.
Q: How long is user consent applicable?
A: As there is no specific time limit under the CCPA, consent will last for as long as it is given and can be withdrawn at any time, with consent only applying to the specific purpose for which it was generated. If the parties involved wish to use personal data in a unique way or for a new purpose, then fresh consent must be acquired.
- Download plugin
- Upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Settings > PrivacyPillar Cookie Banner’ menu in WordPress to insert js code in website head.
- After activate this plugin go to plugin settings by click on “settings”.
- You can also find the plugin settings by ‘Settings > PrivacyPillar Cookie Banner’ menu in your WordPress backend like as above screen.
- Here, you would be able to enter your PrivacyPillar Cookie Banner Script for your website.
- Download plugin
- Initial release.
Contributors & Developers