Group related posts in a series. Automatically insert a list of all posts in the series as part of the content.
Manually embed a series listing with the provided shortcode and widget. Override the series template with a custom template.
A great rundown of the plugin is available on the Planetjon blog.
How To Use
Create new Series terms from the Series manager under Posts. Add posts to series either through the quick edit screen or through the full edit screen.
Also In This Series can be configured to automatically insert a series listing in posts belonging to a series.
To do so, navigate to Also In This Series settings under the settings option.
- Title heading level sets the HTML tag that will wrap the series title in series inserted automatically, with shortcodes, and with widgets.
- Title template picks from a list of title presets for displaying the title, including a presetfor no title.
- Automatically display series listing on post allows for automatic listing insertion in posts that belong to a series.
- Order of series display controls the order of posts (newest first or oldest first) in series listings.
- Window series listing display creates a window around the current post in a series listing. This is useful for large series where it is cumbersome to show the entire listing at once.
- Do not display series listing prevents the series listing from being shown. When checked, a link to the series is always shown.
- Always show series link forces a link to the series archive regardless of windowing. When unchecked, a link to the seriess will not be shown when the entire series listing is visible.
To manually insert the series listing of a post within a series as part of the content, use the shortcode [alsointhisseries].
This will have no effect if the post isn’t in a series.
To manually insert a specific series, use the series-slug attribute with the shortcode like [alsointhisseries series-slug=”your-series-slug”].
The shortcode attributes are
A widget that exposes all of the above options is available.
If you’d like to use your own series listing template, there are two options available.
- Place a template file
also-in-this-series/serieslisting.phpin your theme.
- Use the alsointhisseries_template filter to provide an absolute path to a template file.
- Unpack the plugin zip and upload the contents to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Alternatively, upload the plugin zip via the install screen within the WordPress Plugins manager
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins manager in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Also In This Series” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Also In This Series” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Finesse: Bring series links into whitespace consistency.
- New: Limited control over series title wrapping tag
- New: Preset title templates
- New: Control over visibility of series display
- New: Control over showing link to entire series archive
- Update: Bumped minimum PHP version to 5.5 (please PLEASE update to 7.0+)
- Fixed: Theme-level templates now receive template variables
- Fixed: Series listing now correctly displays series indices when in newest-first order