IMPORTANT: The plugin Custom Post Type Creator will no longer be supported or updated.
Custom Post Type Creator is now part of WCK – Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Creator plugin, which is fully compatible. Download it and install it instead of the current plugin.
WCK Custom Post Type Creator allows you to easily create custom post types for WordPress without any programming knowledge. It provides an UI for most of the arguments of register_post_type() function.
- Create and edit Custom Post Types from the Admin UI
- Advanced Labeling Options
- Attach built in or custom taxonomies to post types
- Upload the wck-cptc folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Then navigate to WCK => Post Type Creator tab and start creating your custom post types.
- Querying by post type in the frontend?
You can create new queries to display posts from a specific post type. This is done via the post_type parameter to a WP_Query.
<?php $args = array( 'post_type' => 'product', 'posts_per_page' => 10 ); $loop = new WP_Query( $args ); while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); the_title(); echo '<div class="entry-content">'; the_content(); echo '</div>'; endwhile;?>
This simply loops through the latest 10 product posts and displays the title and content of them.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Post Type Creator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Important notice: This plugin will no longer be supported or updated. Use WCK – Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Creator plugin instead.
- Compatible with WordPress 3.5