If your WordPress website has hundreds of pages and your theme has many page templates then sometimes you want to see the pages those are using a specific template. But by default there is no way in WordPress admin to search posts or pages associate with a template. “Filter Page by Template” plugin helps you to do this. It adds a dropdown list of page template above the post/page list. You can filter posts/pages by selecting a template from the dropdown. Also you can filter and see pages those are using missing templates. There is a new column
Template in page list table. This
Template column shows the name of
page template that is being used for a particular page. If a template file is not exist then that will be shown in red color. On
Template column you will see the template’s display name. To see the php file name mouse over on the template name.
Using this plugin you can do :
- Filter page list according to page template.
- See which page is using which template.
- See which page template is being used by which pages.
- See which pages are using missing templates.
- Know the PHP file name of templates.
- You can do the same things above for posts and any custom post type posts.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard “Plugin” section.
- Search For “Filter Page by Template”.
- Install, then Activate it.
- Upload the
filter-page-by-templatefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
How To Use Filter Page by Template:
Just Install and activate. Go to all pages list page, Select a template from the dropdown and click on filter button.
Contributors & Developers
“Filter Page by Template” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
3.0 (August 25, 2022)
- Show appropriate templates dropdown list for posts and custom post types.
- Show template column for posts and custom post types.
2.2 (March 19, 2022)
- Fix plugin translation.
2.1 (March 19, 2022)
- Fix plugin translation.
2.0 (March 19, 2022)
- Make plugin translatable.
- Fix typo.
1.6 (December 14, 2020)
- Nothing new , Just update readme with tested up to 5.6 version.
1.5 (October 03, 2020)
- Nothing new , Just update readme with tested up to 5.5.1 version.
1.4 (March 30, 2019)
- Admin notice to rate this plugin on WordPress.org.
1.3 (March 29, 2019)
- Nothing new , Just update readme with tested up to 5.1.1 version.
1.2 (August 13, 2018)
- New feature : Show pages those are using missing templates. A new item “All Missing Page Templates” has been added to the page template dropdown list.
- New feature : A new column
Templatehas been added to page list table to show name of page template for particular pages
- Initial release