This widget is useful if you want to display a simple flickr slideshow ( with a fade effect between images ) of all your public photostream.
What you can configure:
- Delay between images
- Image custom frame ( size and color )
- Image shadow
- Size of the image to show
- Size of the flash object
- Include or not the swfobject.js
A few notes about the widget panel configuration screen:
- “Username” is the flickr username to be used to display the public photostream
- “Slideshow Timer” is the time between each image ( in milliseconds )
- “Api Key” is the flickr api key needed. create a new one here: http://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply
- “Frame Color” is the color of the image frame
- “Image Type” is the flickr provided image size to be loaded. See http://www.flickr.com/services/api/misc.urls.html
- “Use Frame”. If checked display a 5px frame border around the loaded image ( color is customizable using “Frame Color” ).
- “Use Shadow”. If checked create a shadow for each loaded image.
- “Flash object width” and “Flash object height” are the dimensions of the flash object. You can use percent values ( eg 100% ) or absolute values ( eg 350px ). Even if the flash object size is small than the flickr image loaded, the flash will resize the loaded image in order to fit its contents.
A brief Markdown Example
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the folder flash-flickr-slideshow to the
- Create your own Flickr API key http://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place the widget
Flash Flickr Photostreamin one of your sidebar items
- Configure the general options form the sidebar option menu under “Flash Flickr Slideshow”
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Flash Flickr Slideshow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Flash Flickr Slideshow” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- upgraded to swfobject 2.2
- in the plugin option page added the possibility to include or not the swfobject.js file
- Added custom image frame size
- Correct a bug with the link of the swfobject.js
- Added “flash object width” and “flash object height” in the admin area.
- Added listeners to io errors in the flash swf.