Simple Language Switcher is a simple and lightweight plugin that allows you to display a language switcher on your site.
- You can easily customize the display of your language switcher (language ISO codes, language names or flags).
- Interconnect your post in different languages (avoids the user to be redirected to the home page when switching to another language).
- Current language detection with regex: avoids displaying a link to the same page in the same language.
- Generates rel=”alternate” hreflang=”x” links for SEO purposes.
You will find full details, instructions and a demo here: http://www.mendoweb.be/blog/wordpress-plugin-simple-language-switcher/
Before you downvote this plugin
- Understand that this is not an attempt at making a plugin for a complete multilingual solution; you will find better plugins out there for this.
- It didn’t work for you? You found a bug? Give me a description with some details in the support forum, and I will fix it as soon as I can.
- For some reason, you didn’t like it? Share me your suggestions in the support forum, and perhaps I will work on it.
Did you enjoy this plugin? Please take a moment to rate and comment, this will keep me motivated to update this plugin for bugfixes and WordPress upgrades.
- Upload the ‘simple-language-switcher’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin in Settings > Simple Language Switcher
- Display the language switcher via the Simple Language Switcher Widget or by calling the function simple_language_switcher() in your theme
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Language Switcher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple Language Switcher” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.