The Superfast Mailgun add-on for the Newsletter plugin allows you to take full advantage of the Mailgun “Batch Send” API. This makes it possible to send a newsletter to up to 1,000 addresses in a single API call.
For 10,000 subscribers, that’s 10 API calls instead of 10,000 calls. Quite a difference. It will take a lot less time to send out your newsletter.
Sends newsletters to up to 1,200 subscribers per hour.
Polls Mailgun for “bounces” and updates your mailing list accordingly.
Support by email or through the forum on wordpress.org
Filters ‘newsletter_message_html’, ‘newsletter_message_text’, ‘newsletter_message_subject’ and ‘newsletter_message’ are called only once per email, and receive a null $user parameter. This is because Mailgun takes care of replacing user-specific tags in the email.
For mailing lists with more than 1,000 subscribers, get the Pro version!
Sends up to 120,000 emails / hour
Integrated Open/Click statistics (Requires the Newsletter Statistics add-on)
Selectable polling frequency
Transactional emails (e.g. Welcome email, subscription confirmation) can use a different route, e.g. using a different domain
Priority email support
You can easily upgrade from within your WordPress dashboard.
This add-on will only work if you have The Newsletter Plugin installed (version 6.3.3 or higher).
To use the Superfast Mailgun add-on, just install it like any other plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Superfast Mailgun for the Newsletter plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Superfast Mailgun for the Newsletter plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added support for filters ‘newsletter_message_html’, ‘newsletter_message_text’, ‘newsletter_message_subject’ and ‘newsletter_message’
- Fix PHP 8.1 deprecation warnings
- Use latest Freemius SDK
- Compatible with PHP 8.1
- New version of Freemius SDK
- Added support for speed query by Newsletter plugin 7.3.1
- Verified compatibility with PHP 7.4
- Minor improvements
- Fix bug when sending to more than 1,000 addresses at 12,000/hour or more (Pro only)
- Fix issue causing stats not to be up-to-date (Pro only)
- Use new PHPMailer if WP version >= 5.5 and old PHPMailer otherwise
- Mime-encode the Display Name if necessary
- Hide submenu items in the Newsletter menu on the left
- Suppress confusing warning on admin pages
- Add link to support forum
- Fix layout issue on admin pages
- Initial published version