The Mojo Admin Toolbox is a collection of little functions I found myself using a lot to customise the admin dashboard of WordPress, specifically when I was hiding stuff from a client or customising it for them! The latest version (1.3+) REQUIRES WordPress 3.5+.
- Remove/Hide the WordPress Comments system, never confuse your client again!
- Easily customise the Login Page Logo.
- Set a New custom default avatar for your site.
- Remove dashboard widgets for ALL users.
- Hide the theme editor page and stop clients messing up the theme!
- Easily change the Dashboard footer text for your own.
- Change the Descriptions and link destination for your custom login logo.
- Hide the WordPress meta generator tag, make it a little more difficult for those script kiddies!
- Modify From name and email address for all emails sent by your WordPress site!
- Image uploader now in use on the options page (Now using the WordPress 3.5 Media Manager)!
- Added option to override theme, useful if your theme is trying to do the same thing as this plugin is!
Future Development Plan
- Option to set ‘superadmin’ who can see everything
- Option to hide other WordPress features (Links, Tools, Plugins etc)
- Option to hide Update notices from non-superadmins
Installation is simple, just like every other WordPress plugin.
- Download and unzip the plugin to your local machine.
mojo-toolboxfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Goto Add New Plugin in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Search for ‘Mojo Toolbox’
- Click ‘Install Now’ and follow the instructions.
- How do I get involved in the development?
Check out the Other Notes section for more info.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“The Mojo Admin Toolbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Long overdue update to fix proper capitalization of WordPress.
- Adding Plugin assets.
- Updating supported WordPress versions.
- A few more missed fixes after the last release.
- Updating a few bits of code I missed in 1.3.
- Updating readme.txt so show tested and working with WordPress 3.4.
- Updated to work with the new WordPress Media Manager introduced in 3.5.
- Adding option to remove Windows Livewriter links from the document head.
- Minor tidy ups to code.
- Long overdue fix for Login Screen after WordPress 3.4.
- Fixing text validation of footer text to allow links.
- Fixed the option to override themes.
- Added default text to admin footer.
- Fixed hide comments not working.
- Added option override themes.
- Fixed bug with Login screen logo not working (using wrong hook)
- Adding Image upload ability to options page.
- Adding option to customise from name and email address for emails sent from your WordPress install.
- First release